Monday, February 27, 2012

The Beauty of Gemstones and Crystals

Gemstones and crystals have always been fascinating to me.  I remember going on vacation as a child and stopping at those roadside rock shops out in the desert.  The Amethyst crystal in the photo is one I purchased as a teenager.  The Quartz crystal and green Calcite are more recent acquisitions. 
Since Amethyst is one of my favorite stones I use it a lot in my jewelry designs.  This is a picture of my Sophie Amethyst and freshwater pearl necklace.
The amethyst stones are fairly dark but much lighter with the light shining through them.
Do you have a favorite stone?  I'd love to hear about it.

5 comments:

  1. I too love crystals, I like amethyst but one of my favourites is snowflake obsidian....there are so many it is hard to choose...thanks for your lovely comment..I too am a vegetarian since I was 17 (that's a few years ago haha)...have a nice day...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflake obsidian really is a beautiful stone. I'm glad to hear that you are a vegetarian as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my favorite stone is DIAMOND!! OH YEAH! NONE OTHER!

    Thank you so much for having visited my blog a few days ago! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I've been drawn to rose quartz, but I really love the amethyst necklace pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bottom necklace even though I am a 'pink' person because the second one is just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete