Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Vintage Chinese Jewelry

It's amazing how detailed old jewelry can be. The craftsmanship of this silver, jade and enamel set is really beautiful. My father was in the Navy in WWII and bought this set in China in 1948.  They have been in my mother's possession for many years now.
Unfortunately one of the earrings was lost a long time ago.  So I told my mom we should have the remaining earring made into a ring and the brooch into a pendant. The pin on the back of the brooch is broken.  I'm just glad these pieces have survived at all. 

6 comments:

  1. Your are right the earring would make a great ring. I have a bracelet from Siam ( now Thailand ) that my dad brought back from his time in Japan during the Korean war, a treasure also. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning jewelry with great history; a very interesting story!
    Take care, have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
    Jenah xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas to give these pieces new life!
    Happy weekend,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW STUNNING!!!

    And thank you so much for visiting today! Enjoy your mother's company next weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these pieces are truly unique and amazing!! Thanks for stopping by!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set - absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete