Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lockets


Although lockets aren't as popular as they once were, I find them charming and sentimental.  This flower engraved gold locket is one I found at an antiques market many years ago.


Queen Elizabeth the first wore a locket ring with portraits of her mother and herself inside.


Mary Queen of Scotts had the Penicuik Locket that she is thought to have given to a servant before her execution.

Today you can find many lovely lockets for sale, especially on Etsy.  This compass locket is from the Etsy shop Birdz n Beez.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I have my Grandmothers locket with photos of she and her first boyfriend, who was not my Grandfather. It's charming with pearls on the front.
    Thank you for reminding me...I will wear it tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lockets, whether they are in or not. My favorite piece of jewelry!
    Thank you for your sweet comment over at my blog. I love your story about the tomato worms. :)
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think lockets will always be timeless. Thanks for visiting Inspired Design. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lockets are truly beautiful!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love antique lockets. They tell such a story. Their beauty and design engage and intrigue. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved lockets, and I think I always will. There is something mysterious and wonderful about them. What a lovely post with the pictures of the Queens included.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete