Sunday, August 5, 2012

Peridot - Birthstone for August


Peridot is such a gorgeous gemstone.  That lovely green color seems to bring jewelry designs to life.


Those of you born in August are lucky to have such a beautiful birthstone.  Peridot was called Chrysolite in ancient times and frequently mentioned in the Bible. It was thought to foster prosperity and alleviate depression and jealousy.


I love using it  in my jewelry designs.  One of the reasons I named my shop Olivine Jewels is that Peridot comes from the olivine mineral group.  Is anyone else a fan of Peridot?

8 comments:

  1. You make that stone beautiful! Love it!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this color is so pretty. My cousin's birthday is today, and now I know what her birthstone is. The frog with the crown is sweet. Have a happy week.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peridots. They are my birthstone and while not technically my "color" the freshness of the green draws me.
    I love it with the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, thanks for the visit. I'm your newest fan and follower! Beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peridots...and your jewellery is stunning !! it's not my birthstone but I love the colour.
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peridot is perfect for the lush greenery that surrounds us this time of year. I love it!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish was born in August. What a lovely gem.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok..this really helps me get over the fact that summer has ended..thanks

    ReplyDelete