Friday, October 5, 2012

She will be missed


 Last Saturday September 30  my cat Mekay passed away.  She had been with me for for 20 yrs. I used to live in Japan and I found her as a stray on the streets of Tokyo and brought her back to Los Angeles with me.  I will miss her.  In the photo below she was 4 months old, Sept. 1992. 
 

To Love Again

Oh what unhappy twist of fate
Has brought you homeless to my gate,
The gate where once another stood
 to beg for shelter, warmth and food?

For from that day I ceased to be
The master of my destiny,
While she with purr and velvet paw 
Became within my house the law.

She scratched the furniture and shed
and claimed the middle of my bed,
She ruled in arrogance and in pride 
And broke my heart the day she died.

So if you really think, oh cat
I'd willingly relive all that,
because you come forlorn and thin
Well don't just stand - there come on in!

 Author Unknown

 

9 comments:

  1. 20 years! I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so painful to loose your beloved pet. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry... sending hugs your way.
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so sorry. We lost a cat last year too so I know how difficult it is. May the time heal your pain.
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw soooo sad for you...they really become part of the family don't they but my goodness...aged 20 what a good age ..my eldest cat is 16 so I am hoping to have her for a few more years yet ! sending love to you ...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Animals bring so much love and joy to our lives. I'm sending you my thoughts, prayers and a hug for your loss.

    Love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww she was so beautiful; animals really become part of our lives & our families ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved cat. Pets truly become part of our family, don't they? She was so pretty, and twenty years is a long time to have been with her. I'm sure you have special memories.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete