Friday, April 12, 2013

Diamond - April's Stone


Sorry I haven't posted in awhile things have been pretty busy around here.  Anyway, here we are in April and diamonds are this month's stone.  Those beautiful sparklers are always a favorite and look so stunning. The Diamond gets its name from the Greek word adamas, which means "unconquerable". Probably due to it's hardness. Diamonds can come in colors such as
red, green, yellow, and blue.

Since Diamonds are so expensive,  there are always other beautiful alternatives like this Quartz crystal pendant which can be found in my shop.

4 comments:

  1. Diamonds are so pretty to me, and this is such an interesting bit of information. I loved to hear where the name comes from, especially since I am part Greek myself. I'm sure the different colored diamonds are exquisite, especially blue.

    Have a nice weekend.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters birthstone and of course my very favorite stone :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my 'cousin' post today. I appreciate it so much, as I will miss her dearly.

    Oh, I hope you show next month's stone, as that is my birthday month.

    Have a wonderful week,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete