Friday, December 27, 2013

Turquoise December's Birthstone


Sorry I'm so late posting this month. Between Christmas and three December birthdays I just couldn't get it done.  So having said that let's talk about Turquoise. The name means Turkish Stone, because it came to Europe by way of Turkey. The ancient Egyptians often used turquoise in their jewelry designs, and it is thought to be a stone of wisdom and spiritual journeys.

I hope you all had very Happy Holidays and I wish good things for you in the new year.

3 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Three birthdays in December, oh my! I have always liked Turquoise jewelry, and I love this top bracelet. It's so unique with the silver. I had no idea of the meaning of this piece, so it is interesting to learn about it.

    Happy New Year! My wish for you in the new year is peace and joy. I look forward to seeing more of your sweet posts Kim.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ps thank you for your prayer for my brother-in-law. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fits my mother perfectly...I did not know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Says,
    Turquoise December's Birthstone looks quite beautiful and perfectly from all side. I really in such birthstone and I hope that as like me everyone will like in such things. Actually there are not any doubts about the vitality of Turquoise December's Birthstone. Superb.

    ReplyDelete